8 Reasons to Shop Local
- IT KEEPS DOLLARS IN OUR UNION CITY ECONOMY, supporting our schools, parks and vital community services. For every $100 spent at a Union City business, as much as $70 stays in the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditure (Civic Economics, 2008). Spending locally ensures that your sales taxes are reinvested right here in Union City.
- GET REAL CASH BACK! By registering for FREE on the Shop Local Union City website to start getting Cash Back Rewards, powered by Rainbow Rewards. You will EARN CASH BACK every time you shop at one of our Shop Local Union City businesses.
- IT HELPS THE ENVIRONMENT. Shopping local reduces your carbon footprint. Having a diverse range of businesses within walking or biking distance reduces the amount of driving you need to do, lessens traffic and air pollution and helps to conserve land.
- IT CREATES AND KEEPS LOCAL JOBS. Local businesses prefer to hire local. They create jobs in the community for people of all ages. Many of our Shop Local businesses are owned by locals, too!
- It nurtures our community. Our local businesses are committed to investing in Union City, donating to charitable causes, actively getting involved in the community and helping to support our schools, local events and festivals.
- IT GIVES YOU MORE CHOICES. Local businesses respond to their customers and have freedom to choose the items they sell. They often carry a wider array of unique products that are locally-made or produced. If you don’t see what you want or need, ask!
- IT SPURS ENTREPRENEURS, the lifeblood of California’s economy.
- IT’S FUN! EXPLORE UNION CITY. Discover what our local businesses have to offer. Meet your neighbors.