- Helps local businesses compete.
- Can help participating businesses during a time when consumers are more careful with their expenditures.
- Potentially increases market share that could pay even bigger dividends when the economy improves.
- Supports local employment at the participating merchant as well as complementary businesses in the community.
- Promotes the unique benefits that shopping locally provides to the consumer.
- Better value and customer service
- Keeps dollars local longer
- Provides local merchants with another opportunity to thank each of their shoppers and congratulate them for spending locally.
- Helps to support local schools, charities and associated non-profits.
- Shop Local Union City provides marketing synergies for each participant . . . 1+1=3.
The benefits of buying locally are numerous. As local merchants, you employ our neighbors and friends. You pay taxes that support our schools and improve our roads. Local businesses also contribute to local non-profit groups. To encourage and support this vibrant local economy, the Shop Local Union City program can strengthen these relationships that improve our quality of life.